PDA

View Full Version : several ro/di questions.

NoSchwag
05/22/2008, 09:13 PM
Does a float switch on a rodi unit have a negative effect on the membrain? I know alot of pressure builds up.

Also I need to run a bunch of tube from the ro/di unit to the tank. Which side of the unit should I have the long tube on? The intake, or the output?

The water pressure in my house is very high, should I throttle it down some before going into the ro unit? Is there a "correct" pressure?

Thanks.

NoSchwag
05/26/2008, 06:06 AM
Bump

Roland Jacques
05/26/2008, 06:34 AM
1. no
2. Intake side (but it really not a big deal unless you are talking a Very long distants)
3. How high is it? between 90 and 60 is good

qfrisco
05/26/2008, 08:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12596455#post12596455 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NoSchwag
Does a float switch on a rodi unit have a negative effect on the membrain? I know alot of pressure builds up.

No, it shouldn't have a negative effect on the membrane. However, depending on a how sensitive your float switch is, frequent on/off cycles could have an effect on the efficiency of the filter. It's best to have longer runs instead of shorter runs to avoid TDS creep.

Also I need to run a bunch of tube from the ro/di unit to the tank. Which side of the unit should I have the long tube on? The intake, or the output?

I'd say the output, only because the plumbing will be simpler. If you do it on the input side, you'd also have to run the drain tubing. On the output side, you just worry about the output tubing. You can go pretty far, although I don't know exactly how far. I have 30 ft of tubing from my filter to my top-off reservoir, and all's good.

The water pressure in my house is very high, should I throttle it down some before going into the ro unit? Is there a "correct" pressure?

Yes, you might need a pressure reducer. Find out the pressure ratings for your RO/DI filter. I bet the manufacturer has a matching pressure reducer.

Thanks.

Colin
05/26/2008, 06:54 PM
Most RO/DI units work fine up to 100psi. Few homes have that much.

--Colin