PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide between a TLF Phosban Reactor and a Magnavore Simplicity Reactor

Razor
05/25/2008, 07:12 PM
I've decided I'm going to run two chemical reactors in line, one for phosban or GFO and the other for Carbon.

I've heard that the Magnavore Reactor works better for small grain material but I like that the Phosban Reactor is translucent so you can see what's going on.

Any thoughts?

tboneman
05/25/2008, 07:25 PM
When I tried the magnavore product it tended to clog up rather quickly even with a prefilter on the power head. The problem seemed to be with the mesh filters being too fine on the top and bottom of the reactor. I went back to the tlf product and am much happier with its performance. By the way, I tried the magnavore with carbon and then with gfo. Both clogged up rather quickly, within 3-4 days.

NewbieForever
05/25/2008, 08:30 PM
I use both and have had no issue with the magnavore clogging. I have used it with both gfo and carbon. Both reactors work well and I feel that the magnavore works better for smaller filter media. I do like the phosban reactor as well.

Longchamp
05/25/2008, 09:25 PM
I dont like how the magnavore has to be in sump..

The TLF reactor is very nicely made and easy to use, plus it can be hung outside the sump to save space. And, its nice to see whats going on.

Nano Chris
05/26/2008, 07:55 AM
I like the TLF, cheap and it works.