PDA

View Full Version : FS Live Rock

Gondore
05/25/2008, 09:39 PM
Alright guys I have some great looking live rock for sale I picked up in Indy yesterday. The individual was selling 200 pounds which is WAY more than what I need for my 90 gallon. The rock is very high quality and still has corals on some of the pieces. It is currently piled all the way up in my tank and I would like to sell some of it as soon as possible (to maintain quality).

I would like to get $4/pound out of the rock to help cover my gas cost to Indy. I don't have a scale so we will just have to estimate. If you have additional questions you can post on here or call me at 260-227-0976.

Fireworm
05/25/2008, 09:55 PM
can you post some pics of the rock, and pick out a small peice for me

Gondore
05/25/2008, 10:46 PM
Man...my tank is entirely full. I have a LOT of it. How large of piece would you like? I have no lights on the tank right now so getting a descent picture would be really tough. You can come by tomorrow and check it out if you want.

On a side note...I found a huge bristle worm in the bottom of one of the buckets (4 inches long) and I am trying to decide if I should throw him out or not. What do you think?

JCR's Reef
05/26/2008, 03:22 AM
I was going to go to martinsville when I saw that but I couldnt get away for the day. You got a great deal none the less. I have bristleworms in my tanks and they dont seem to bother anything. They eat left over food. Some people call them pest, some keep them for eating detrius. I would keep them until they get pretty big.

Fireworm
05/26/2008, 03:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12614144#post12614144 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gondore
Man...my tank is entirely full. I have a LOT of it. How large of piece would you like? I have no lights on the tank right now so getting a descent picture would be really tough. You can come by tomorrow and check it out if you want.

On a side note...I found a huge bristle worm in the bottom of one of the buckets (4 inches long) and I am trying to decide if I should throw him out or not. What do you think?

On the rock.... give me a call to set some thing up i will pm you my number again.

The worm, if he is 4 inches, I would toss him. IF you have one, you have a million of them. I don't mind the little ones, but the big ones got to go IMO. It might not be a bad idea to pick up a six line and let him start picking some of the rock for you.

Fran K Stein
05/31/2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks again for the rocks!!

If anyone is interested, his rocks are very porous and light. They have TONS of large asst corals on them. I got 4 medium-ish sized rocks @ 15 lbs. I arranged them in my tank, and went to a graduation party, came back and all kinds of stuff had bloomed. I definately recommend these. They are a zillion times better than the Fiji I spent a fortune on through Premium Aquatics.

p.s. the rock with the large mushroom ( the one that sprouts tentacles) has 2 smaller mushrooms below it as well.

One more thing, what all do I need to add the keep the corals looking so nice? Calcium? Photoplankton? Iodine? Should I add more lights? I have 192W power compacts over a 50g tank?

THANK YOU!!!

Gondore
05/31/2008, 10:23 PM
Thank you for the compliments Michelle. I am glad you are enjoying the rock. I still have several pieces left if anyone in interested.

I believe that "mushroom" is a toadstool leather. You can simply do some Googling to figure out their needs. I think they are a pretty easy coral to keep though.

Gondore
06/01/2008, 08:25 PM
I got my tank aquascaped today and because of that some of the rock had to go out of my tank and into a container. I really need to sell the rock so I am marking it down to $2/pound. There are about 3-4 medium to small pieces left.

polish
06/02/2008, 06:19 AM
I won't have my tank setup for a week or so but would probably want some then. Will it still be good even after being in a bucket for a week?

Gondore
06/02/2008, 06:38 AM
Yeah, it will usually do fine as long as you have something to move the water and you keep the temperature in a descent range.

polish
06/02/2008, 09:45 AM
I should have worded that different. I mean will it still be ok after being in a container for a week? (Do you have the water moving?)

I don't have any way to make it work right now, all my new stuff should be here Thursday (Filter, Salt, Powerheads, Skimmer etc) and the stand should be done tomorrow.

I could maybe come get some this weekend, unless I need to let the tank cycle before putting in rock. It will have live sand put in right away that I ordered.

Gondore
06/04/2008, 07:31 AM
Josh picked up the last of the rock last night. Thanks everyone for purchasing the rock and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have so far.

JCR's Reef
06/04/2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the rock. I couldn't of found better. It was nice meeting and talking with you. You have a very nice looking tank. Hopefully I get to see it when you have a full blown reef in it!! Thanks again. Greatly appreciated!