PDA

View Full Version : Octopus DNW-200 Recirculating, in sump or external?

AlfonsoD
05/26/2008, 01:44 PM
Hi,
I'm in the process of designing my new project...a 100 gal reef with 30 gal sump. I bought an DNW-200 Recirculating that I think will be more than enough. I think I will put a T in the return plumbing in order to feed it directly form the overflow with around 300 gph, the excess flow from a total of 1.200 gph will go to the refuge....sounds reasonably?. What I really don't know if it's better to run on the sump or externally? Which would be de pros and cons?
Thank you very much for your advice,
Regards,

reefergeorge
05/26/2008, 02:11 PM
I run my dnw-150 externally. I like to have as much room in my sump as possible for other things. The only problem I found was with overflowing. To fix it, I set my remote collection tub over my sump. So if it overflows it just goes back into the sump.

SulfurAcid
05/26/2008, 03:43 PM
yea, if you have the room, then run it in the sump. Otherwise, make sure you have the proper overflow tactics to deal with a flood.

AlfonsoD
05/27/2008, 09:31 AM
Thanks for your posts....I did new drawings and decided to make a separated refuge that gives enough space to run in sump which according with your advise would be safer.
Cheers,