PDA

View Full Version : A. stephanieae ? to LesleH

wrestlingref
05/26/2008, 02:03 PM
Hi! I see you're an authority, I take on this little booger, and I like others have a little problem I'm hoping they can solve... :\

My question is this... is the mujonos and aiptasia anemone one and the same and will the A. stephanieae nudibranch eat 'em up?
I'm a newbie, but my sons have almost a year of freshwater experience.

We received an established 90g tank from a friend from work moving out of state and they didn't want to lug it along. :)

I have some very pretty coral that I'd really hate to part with by getting a raccoon butterfly. I am however gonna get a copperbanded butterfly to help get this taken care of.

The source where I was gonna get my nudi's from (INSTAR out of Texas) won't have nudi's available for shipment until June 18th. I could be overrun by then!

Thanks a ton!
~wrestlingref

LeslieH
05/26/2008, 11:12 PM
Hi Ref -- I'm not an expert on nudis by any means and even less on pest anemones. :D Aiptasia & majanos are different and A stephanieae will only eat aiptasia. There's a ton of good advice here on RC about how to deal with both species so try a search. You might also try asking for help in your local Indiana reefer forums which you can find at http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=536

boomsticks
05/27/2008, 08:22 PM
Go with peppermint shrimp my friend! I have tried numerous sea slugs, lettuce, sea hares, and the other ones that eat apatasia and forgot what they are called. Anyway they either are eaten or sucked into the filters. My best bet was for a 55 gallon, buy about 10 of them and one or two will definatly eat them. They are all still alive and have bred numerous times feeding the corals and anemone and maroon clownfish. Its great scavengers and FREE food!.

Best of luck,

Mike