PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Ethernet Connection

gweezpie
05/29/2008, 06:51 PM
New Computer new internet serivce.....

It has been so long since I have done this.... I cannot get notes 3.5 to communicate with my controller via ethernet.

I have a solid connection that I can ping with success.

I entered the units serial number on the tank database (something I missed years ago)

I have checked and recheck all the ip entires

I am more than happy to read a thread that I know must exist on this but that I cannot find so if anyone can point me in direction I would greatly appreaciate it.

regards
joe:confused:

kenargo
05/29/2008, 07:06 PM
AquaNotes uses the Telnet interface to connect to the AC3. Can you connect to the AC3's website? Can you open a Telnet client and connect to the AC3?

gweezpie
05/30/2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks Ken.

Do you mean when I type the AC3's IP address in my browser?

kenargo
05/30/2008, 08:26 AM
Yes, that will test connectivity and most of the network configuration.

gweezpie
05/30/2008, 09:52 AM
Ken

I get a login in screen when I do that. It asks for the login and password. I enter exactly what is in the controller and Aquanotes but it never lets me past. I can ping it ok and my router recognizes it as a device on the netowork but I still cannot get it to give me the status. In fact the status menu item is greyed out. I remeber stuggling with this years ago and it was somehting stupid that I missed and I just cannot find it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Joe

kenargo
05/30/2008, 11:23 AM
Is it possible that you changed your username and/or password? You should get the AC3 status page when once you enter the correct login information. You can check the username and password from the AC3 panel (under Setup->Net Setup).

gweezpie
05/30/2008, 08:27 PM
Ken one more shot.....

I went back to the default settings with the admin login and a password of 1234 and the default IP. I can know telenet to it thorugh explorer and get the AC3 status. But I cannot get it on the PC with aquanotes and everything is the same. Any thoughts?

Also, the status menu item is greyed out.

Thanks you have been a huge help.

gweezpie
05/30/2008, 08:46 PM
got it....on the site database page under the connection tab I had it set to TCP/IP....made sense at the time. I selected Direct to PC and....at last is works.

Ken... thanks for your time man....

Joe

P.Kelly
06/24/2008, 11:48 PM
Thank you, I needed this same info tonight... Bummer I spent 2 hours trying to figure this last step out.