PDA

View Full Version : New Marineland protien skimmer

Carl Barone
05/29/2008, 08:10 PM
Just checking to see if anyone has used this one yet or should I be looking at a different skimmer I have a 45 tech tank that I just setup. I have a sump underneath to put it in.

Bruno3047
05/30/2008, 03:31 PM
I've searched high and low for some info on these new skimmers but have been unable to find anything thing. I did speak to the company and this is what I got:

"Well, spoke to someone today in the customer service department at Marineland. She professed to be in the tech support area, but wasn’t actually one of the engineers who design and test the products. She couldn’t provide me with a spec sheet, but did email me an owner’s manual, which was all of one page. Not surprising, considering there’s only one adjustment you can make.

She assured me that this product has undergone extensive testing in their facility under a wide range of aquarium conditions, and that the engineers were extremely pleased with its performance.

She emphasized the set-it-and-forget-it out-of-the-box design, and that the skimmer will perform optimally and consistently in any water level within the prescribed range, but did note that there is a 4-5 day break-in period. The owner’s manual also states this. She also mentioned that the skimmer was TOTALLY quiet. No pump noise, air noise or return splash noise.

One thing I did find surprising is that the skimmer comes with a 3-year warranty period on the entire unit. Collection cup, skimmer body, pump, impeller, everything. This is in addition to DFS 60 day no-questions-asked return policy.

Hmmmmmmmmmm."

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12489955#post12489955

I may give the Pro 100 model a crack at my new 60g setup if it's still on sale at DFS when I finally get it going.

BTW. DFS will accept a return of the unit for any reason within 60 days, but you have to pay the freight.

If you go with it, please post some pics/info here or on my thread. I'm going to do the same.