PDA

View Full Version : Pods where do they come from?

rugger08
05/29/2008, 09:25 PM
I just changed my system and setup a 55 gallon refugium with three diff types of macro caulerpa, i think chaeto and a wide blade grass like plant (pics in my gallery).. I also have a 5-6inch DSB mix of live sand and argonite.I also added some live rock rubble. Now the question is do I have to seed the Pods or will they develop on their own...?

luke33
05/29/2008, 09:36 PM
It depends on if tinkerbell waves her wand : ) Pods generally come from LR and LS. With no predators they breed fast as heck!

Peter Eichler
05/29/2008, 10:19 PM
First a mommy pod and a daddy pod start kissing and put on some Barry White. Then...

It's likely that your have "pods" that were added with the macroalgae and live rock rubble and that should be all the seeding you need.

CoralCaps
05/29/2008, 10:30 PM
They come from your live rock, sand, coral, macroalgae, etc. Heck, I've even found one in a bag that my fish came in.

Best place for them is in the refugium, away from a lot of predators. They'll get sucked up into the display to feed your fish/coral and populate that part of the system as well. I have them all over in my tanks. Only thing I've seen eat them is my little buddy, the Lemon Damsel.

rugger08
05/30/2008, 09:24 AM
can we go back tyo mommy and daddy kissing... that sound slike fun...

thanks ...so they'll develop on thier own