PDA

View Full Version : ro membrane storage

jnb
05/30/2008, 12:22 PM
I have a membrance - brand new, never been opened stored in my frig for almost a year.

Is there some accepted notion of how long I can expect this membrane to be like new?

thanks

AZDesertRat
05/30/2008, 01:59 PM
If the membrane was shipped dry and never used it should last almost indefinitely and does not need to be in the frig. If it was shipped wet as Spectrapure does or was wetted and used then it needs to stay wet and cool and should again last a long long time.

jnb
05/30/2008, 02:07 PM
thank you sir

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12645694#post12645694 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
If the membrane was shipped dry and never used it should last almost indefinitely and does not need to be in the frig. If it was shipped wet as Spectrapure does or was wetted and used then it needs to stay wet and cool and should again last a long long time.

Buckeye Hydro
05/31/2008, 04:42 AM
Membranes shipped wet from the manufacturer include a preservative, and have a shelf life of about a year. Like any guidance like this from a manufacturer, it is conservative.

Wet membranes that have not been stored in a preservative - well, that is a bit of a crap shoot, and depends in part upon the quality of the water that was run through the membrane, how the membrane was handled, etc.

Russ