PDA

View Full Version : Odd water level occurance

Jay1982
06/01/2008, 05:42 PM
During the night my water level in the aquarium rises, and the water level in my retun zone declines. Its only at night when the lights are off and the moon lights are on.

I find it very weird, I know moon lights were suppose to simulate the glow of the moon. But the fact that its simulating the "pull" of the moon is quite worth the money I spent on this thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? I checked my overflow box (livereef), utube, and piping for snails and nothing obscures the flow.

marineaddict
06/01/2008, 05:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12657885#post12657885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jay1982
During the night my water level in the aquarium rises, and the water level in my retun zone declines. Its only at night when the lights are off and the moon lights are on.

I find it very weird, I know moon lights were suppose to simulate the glow of the moon. But the fact that its simulating the "pull" of the moon is quite worth the money I spent on this thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? I checked my overflow box (livereef), utube, and piping for snails and nothing obscures the flow.

I have no idea but that was funny.......:rollface:

demonsp
06/01/2008, 06:06 PM
Perhaps a current problem.After turning the lights out the pump gets more voltage causing it to work better. Could be a power load problem.

Jay1982
06/01/2008, 08:20 PM
hmm, thats a very good point. The electrician has to pass by anyways to seperate the current. I can't vaccum while having the lights on or else it blows a circut lol