PDA

View Full Version : ice cap 250 watt MH ballast wiring

ros_sco
06/01/2008, 08:05 PM
Does anyone know what the output wiring is like on the Icecap 250 watt MH ballast? Is there a plug that requires a special cord, or is there just wires? The ballasts I am replacing are ARO 175 watt and are wired with basic twist on electrical connectors.
Thanks

shawnz28
06/01/2008, 08:15 PM
The new models have a quickdisconnect plug on them but there are adaptors available that can be added to the wiring to the socket to make it plug and play when done

http://icecapinc.com/wiring%20harnesses.htm

turtleman9100
06/01/2008, 08:35 PM
I ordered 2 of the new ones last week. Strange this is one came with a quick disconnect that I had to find a pc power extent
sion cable for. The other had a long cable hardwired in the ballast instead of the quick disconnect. I would have sent it aback but it was exactly what I needed so I kept it. I bought from marinedepot.com. I am not sure if they have different wiring configurations of the ballast but you should make sure you get what you need. Just my 2 cents.

ros_sco
06/01/2008, 09:39 PM
So the output on the newer ones is actually a quick disconnect same as a pc power cord? I will have to call the vendor and see what his stock is configured with.