PDA

View Full Version : Possible? Mature Tomato and Mature Maroon Clown in 240?

fish_taste_good
06/02/2008, 01:09 PM
I have a 240 that I purchased and I am putting my 90 gallon contents into the tank.

I currently have a tomato in the 90 that has been with me for at least 6 years. He's a good size but no where near the size of the Maroon. He used to host in my hammer coral but I recently moved that to the 240.

In the 240 I purchased, there were only 5 fish. Two tangs (Yellow and Naso), a PJ Cardinal, a green chromis, and the Maroon Clown. All fish are over 12 years old with the PJ pushing 17.

The Maroon is very large. He is over 12 years old from what the owner told me. He has no host or anything in the tank. Just sort of chills on the right hand side.

Will this work? I plan on putting / moving the hammer to the left side of the tank so hopefully he goes right into and stays there.

I assume they will fight alot at first, but hopefully one will win that battle and the other will subside and not die.

Your thoughts?

fish_taste_good
06/03/2008, 04:49 PM
^

Toddrtrex
06/04/2008, 01:34 AM
Given the ages of the clowns they are most likely both females. Both of those types of clowns are not known as peaceful clowns. And speaking from personal experience, they are down right mean.

If it was me, I would not attempt it, even if I had another tank to move one of them too-- would be a PITA to catch one of them.

adtravels
06/04/2008, 07:51 PM
1 or 2 tomato maroon hybrids turn up here in bangkok from time to time, that said two femals is sa definate no no.

thosefishguys
06/06/2008, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't risk it, as both of these are fairly aggressive. A couple of days ago I took in a large Maroon that was introduced into a 400 gallon aquarium with a Cinnamon clown by a friend of mine...the Maroon was shredded within a day or so, and had to be removed. Not pretty...

KorL
06/10/2008, 07:59 PM
Anything is possible. Tomato and Maroon clownfish are very aggressive, most likely they will fight

Toddrtrex
06/10/2008, 08:01 PM
KorL --- any reason why you are bumping up a bunch of old threads? Wouldn't have any thing to do with you trying to get 50 posts now would it?