PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Vortech to purchase

Urchinhead
06/02/2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks in advance for the help folks!

I have read through the forum here and didn't quite find what I am looking for so I am asking here. Sorry if I missed it!

I have a Cadlights 39G Pro with two Tunze 6045's and two 6025's. I have a mixed SPS and LPS tank. I have fine sand. I have 50 lbs of live rock.

My questions are this:
1. I want to replace all or most of my Tunze's if possible. What unit(s) should I go with? I was thinking a 40 and a 20... Is that too much?

2. Due to a stupid mistake in not reading the directions on my coral food (1/4 tsp not 1 tsp!!!:eek: :D ) and source water from my LFS with 260+ TDS I have a diatom outbreak I am fighting (TDS problem solved with an RO/DI coming this week and feeding problem solved with time and water changes) and I would like to make sure I get enough flow across my sand bed to keep it clean of detritus without causing craters or a sand storm. Would a 40 mounted in the upper 1/3 of the tank be ok or should I do both a 40 and a 20 or mount it somewhere else? I am asking because I read about the undertow in the new unit and was hoping this would take care of flow over the sandbed...

3. Is the flow dispersal enough from a 40 that I wouldn't need a 20 on the other side or should I do both?

4. Are these units controllable via an AC III?

Thank you again for the help!