PDA

View Full Version : Float valve from RO unit to top-off reservoir - Diagram attached

Wetline
06/03/2008, 08:39 AM
My plan is to have a 5 gallon bucket fill up with water using a float valve attached to the RO unit. The 5 gallon bucket will not be attached directly to the sump so I will not have the "RO cycle issue". My question is...do I need another other then a "T" some 1/4 tubing and a float valve?

This is my unit
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/MikeT307/5stageROsystem.jpg

Drs. Foster and Smith have this Coralife float valve set-up
Coralife Pure-Flo II Float & Shutoff Valve (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=14690)

The way I see it is, that my system already has the automatic shutoff valve, and the check valve so basically all I need is the float valve, right?

I planned to run the "T" between the shut off valve (#22 in the diagram) and the storage tank. Would that be the right spot to tap into the existing tubing?

Thanks again for all your help!

crsswift70
06/03/2008, 11:28 AM
can you just use a line coming off of "15"? I'm pretty sure HD or Lowe's has quick connect\disconnects for 1/4 inch tubing. just disconnect the bucket when you want to move it.

Wetline
06/03/2008, 12:49 PM
I'm thinking the 3 way union needs to go between the storage tank and the shut-off valve (#22) because of water pressure issues. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time I didn't know what I was talking about.

crsswift70
06/04/2008, 07:46 AM
well, from the looks of the diagram, the green line that goes to #15 comes from the ASV. That is how mine is as well.

Wetline
06/04/2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the thoughts and comments.

crsswift70 do you have a float valve tapped into your system? So you are suggesting that the float valve would go before the ASV?

I was thinking that the other storage container would be placed right before the existing tank. I guess it's not the end of the world if I have to replace that bit of hose if I'm wrong and it should go somewhere else.