PDA

View Full Version : When can I get acros?

barnett8
06/03/2008, 03:22 PM
So I have just upgraded my old 20g tank to a new 40g breeder. And there is a lot of space.

I did this upgrade about 6 weeks ago.

What I wanted to know is: when can I start to by some acropora frags for this tank?

It would be my first experience with acros, and I know that some people go a year before they introduce their first acroporas to their tank.

Bottom Line: how long do I have to wait? (I'm dying here...):rolleye1:

Aidan
06/03/2008, 03:29 PM
I just waited about 2 months they i just added 1 or 2 at a time now in ttoally full and they are growing together so i would say as long as your water is right go for it just go slow start cheap just incase

deklin
06/03/2008, 03:36 PM
No need to wait a year, although I would follow Aidan's advice and start slow with a couple cheap ones to see how it goes. You said you upgraded your tank 6 weeks ago and since I'm assuming that your previous 20g tank was at least cycled and somewhat established, I'd say 6 weeks is about right to wait before adding to your new tank.

Assuming your tank is stable and you aren't fighting massive diatom blooms, high nitrates and the such, you should be ready to go get a few SPS and see how it goes.

barnett8
06/04/2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah, every param is perfect, the 20 was cycled, and that is great news. I can't wait.

Thanks all.

CoralJunkieXXX
06/04/2008, 01:43 PM
The longer you wait the better, you just want to make sure everything is stabil :)