PDA

View Full Version : BTA + Anemone crab + Clowns?

95accord
06/03/2008, 03:54 PM
I have a small BTA with a small porcelaine crab (anemone crab).

I was wondering if i were to add a pair of clows if they would go for the anemone or if the crab would keep them away from it?.

Thanks

jubjub
06/03/2008, 05:19 PM
i read that the crab will defend the anemone.....hence fighting the clowns off....are they tank bred or true percs cause i heard some people's false perc's never host...on the stark opposite side of that my false perc hosted in about 2 weeks

side note could always pull the crab out put him in the sump see if the clowns host....or get a baby anemone and put the crab in that...dunno

JROMO
06/03/2008, 08:19 PM
I have a pair of skunk clowns and they host a smaller bta. Just recently my Porcelain crab decided to move in with the clownfish.. So far they have been all getting along (about 3 weeks) I've also heard crabs will kick a clownfish out of its anemone but mine has been very passive and shy and doesnt mind the clowns, knock on wood.

seafansar
06/03/2008, 08:50 PM
I have a large RBTA with an anemone crab in it. I'm going to add my perculas to it in a few days. I'll tell ya what happens!
Oh and I know my percs will host the RBTA; they did before I removed them due to an ich outbreak.

95accord
06/04/2008, 04:51 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12673936#post12673936 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seafansar
I have a large RBTA with an anemone crab in it. I'm going to add my perculas to it in a few days. I'll tell ya what happens!
Oh and I know my percs will host the RBTA; they did before I removed them due to an ich outbreak.

definatly keep me posted!. i'd like to know how it turns out before getting a pair of clowns.

or i may do as jubjubrsx mentioned if that doesnt work and get a baby anemone for the crab.