PDA

View Full Version : candy cane yumyum

homestar
06/05/2008, 10:08 AM
so i got a candy cane coral yesterday and it has seemed to have acclimated really well, so i'm really happy about that. but this morning when i turned the lights on it's tentacles were out. i've read that they eat the same food as filter feeders. i've been adding Kent marine phytomax for the thousands of small feather dusters but i'm wondering if this is good for my new candy cane coral. what do you feed your candy cane coral and how do you administer the food to it?

seafansar
06/05/2008, 01:53 PM
I feed mine mysid shrimp or brine shrimp every once in a while. I put the shrimp directly on the tentacles, because I don't turn off my power heads and it would float away if I didn't. But I'm sure they catch whatever you're feeding the rest of your reef. Oh and they're photosynthetic of course.

Aerowen
06/05/2008, 02:17 PM
mine take out their tentacles when i feed the fish, so i put some mysid shrimp on them, they grow like crazy. i started with 2 heads 4 months ago now its like 12...

homestar
06/05/2008, 04:20 PM
thanks, i don't have anything else so i don't feed my reef. what are good "foods" for my reef when i get one going?

seafansar
06/05/2008, 05:13 PM
I really have no idea if these are good foods or not, but I feed cyclopeeze, marinesnow, brine shrimp, and mysid shrimp. The bigger stuff is for the hermits, shrimp, and LPS's and the small stuff is for the LPS's, SPS's, and anemone crab. I feed about every 2-4days (there are no fish in the tank). Seems to be working for me, but I just started with corals and such.

seafansar
06/05/2008, 05:15 PM
Haha...we are a bunch of sporty people here. Just look at our interests. OT I know, but thought it was funny.