PDA

View Full Version : I am really irritated with my bulb anemone

Beachbaby
06/05/2008, 04:05 PM
I have a really pretty green bulb anemone. I know it's pretty, and if I look into the back of the tank by the uptake for the powerhead, I can actually gaze upon it's beauty.
I have moved this guy at least 5 times, which is a HUGE job, and he always heads right back there. Weird. Then I turned off the uptake and he moved away from it, but not that far, then when I turned it back on-guess where he wound up within 20 minutes?

Any suggestions, besides redoing my entire rock system, and moving the powerhead?

reef2
06/05/2008, 05:32 PM
u can move him all u want but its going to end up where he likes it best.

sk8rreefgeek
06/05/2008, 05:33 PM
Ya. I'd leave him alone

nemowithnoeyes
06/05/2008, 05:38 PM
just like others have said, anenomes have to be where they have to be and you gotta build your tank around that. i first started my tank with a green bta and it did the same thing, give it time and it will come out for you

klavestat
06/07/2008, 06:55 PM
I agree with not trying to move the BTA. They're one notch above plants on the "intelligence" scale and are going to go where conditions "feel" right to them. I've been raising mine for about 2 years (now 15 largish clones) and have noticed they seem to care most about 3 things: light-level, current, and foot-holds. Mine tend to settle on the top surface of the reef and/or on walls near the surface. I have moderate CFL lighting so they want to be close. Also, they tend to be finicky about currents. Not too little, not too much. Mine seem to thrive on chaotic water motion (SQWD circulating device). If yours is moving close to a power head it could be either because they want more flow - or maybe less flow (calm spots often form around the vortices associated with fixed power head). If you want your BTA to move you might try experimenting with currents or light. Just do it gradually. Don't want to shock them.

KorL
06/10/2008, 07:46 PM
he really likes that spot. your last resort is to redo the aquascape

Titus77
06/10/2008, 07:57 PM
Or, you can move him to my tank :D.

Beachbaby
06/10/2008, 08:30 PM
Well, I finally moved the entire powerhead intake, to the other side of the tank, in the very back corner. lol. Little guy has settled on the side of the tank, attached to a rock, and facing the front of the tank. Thank goodness! My Osc's we're beginning to look confused because he'd just move around following the intake.

My next problem is dealing with a really dumb cleaner shrimp. LOL!!

Thanks for the replies!!

Titus77
06/10/2008, 09:45 PM
Well, lets here it! What is the prob with your shrimp?

jubjub
06/11/2008, 04:15 PM
with out the risk of getting flamed here....if you really dont want him in 1 spot put a powerhead pointed right at that spot it should move...but becareful you want them to settle in i heard some will just continue to move and just die....

but dont feel bad my anemone while trying to find his spot killed a candy cane coral with about 6 heads on it...GSP(yeah im shocked at that to) 2 hermits got caught up and eaten and it finally was happy