PDA

View Full Version : Glass Holes diamond bits

Veni vidi vici
06/05/2008, 05:19 PM
Just bought a bit from Glass Holes and was wondering will this bit drill 5 holes before its all used up?Assuming i keep it cool and use it properly of course.
TIA

Veni vidi vici
06/05/2008, 05:25 PM
Sheesh .....never mind buy the time i typed this post directly after e-mailing Glass Holes they responded already.Thats what i call customer service..
Thank You Mike.

scoobyrs25
06/05/2008, 05:33 PM
But what's the answer?

Veni vidi vici
06/05/2008, 05:40 PM
"You should have no problem drilling 5 holes. We have customers reporting
10-20 holes and still going. Please call or email if you have any problems."

hhaase
06/05/2008, 06:39 PM
Most abrasive diamond bits like that will last quite a long time. As they wear, they expose new abrasive material which keep them sharp.

But it also depends on what you are cutting with them. Glass dust won't clog up the abrasive as much as wood or plastic would.

Pattylucylaura
06/05/2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah there customer service is great I ordered some stuff last week started to get stuff around to drill my tank and realized one of my bits was the wrong size emailed them new bit on the way no problems.

NanoReefWanabe
06/05/2008, 08:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12688334#post12688334 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hhaase
Most abrasive diamond bits like that will last quite a long time. As they wear, they expose new abrasive material which keep them sharp.

But it also depends on what you are cutting with them. Glass dust won't clog up the abrasive as much as wood or plastic would.

diamond bits arent so much effected by the material as they are the heat generated by the material....it is a catch 22 though....diamond bits will cut faster when they are hot/warm...this is because they wear faster and like mentioned expose more diamonds...cooler you keep the bit the longer it will last, and the slower it will cut..