PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking Vortech!

Der_Iron_Chef
06/06/2008, 09:20 PM
I got my new Vortech aligned so that it was just a tolerable hum, and all was great! Then, every once in a while, a high pitched sort of squeal would come from the motor. If I pull it out from the gasket a bit, it stops, so I'm wondering if it's the rubber gasket squeaking against the glass? Any other explanations?

As well, when I align the "pin spacer" to my glass thickness (3/8"), it doesn't sit flush against the motor assembly...it sort of juts out at several points so that when placed against the gasket, it's not a perfectly flat surface. Is this normal? Not sure if I'm able to explain it very well.

Thanks in advance.

Der_Iron_Chef
06/07/2008, 01:04 AM
Update: I unplugged it and took it apart, and two of the three little rubber pieces that help keep the motor assembly and pin spacer together were sort of bent (?). I was careful in putting it all back together, and put the pump back on the side of my tank....lined it all up and the squeaking has stopped. It's also the quietest it's ever been.

BUT...now...it's apparently constantly overheating and keeps stopping (blinking red & yellow), and then will return to its normal mode (Lagoon Random) for less than a minute before overheating again.

Frustrating.

Any ideas?

EcoTech Service
06/07/2008, 06:19 AM
Your issue was adressed fully via your e-mail sent to EcoTech Service.

Der_Iron_Chef
06/07/2008, 09:49 AM
Thank you :)