PDA

View Full Version : The usual suspects

dman17878
06/07/2008, 08:46 AM
Since my male flame wrasse has died ive noticed that my 2 females are starting to show signs of being fin nipped , and their aggression has increased. I had removed my male Rhomboid from quarintine and added to tank they chased him around a little but soon stopped .There is also a mystery wrasse in the tank who also has aggresive tendencies .My replacement flame wrasse and a male lineatus arrived today ,and I noticed that my male and female (not nearly as bad) rhomboids fins are shreaded .My scotts, lineatus, and flame males will be introduced at the same time but im concerned as to who is most likely causing dammage, and would the introduction of 3 large males stop it .My male flame wasnt killed by anything in tank (left top off carpet surfer).

jmaneyapanda
06/07/2008, 02:08 PM
you are risking some very expensive fish with that mystery wrasse. They are almost always bad tankmates for other wrasses.

dman17878
06/07/2008, 02:50 PM
The mistake was adding the mystery wrasse. In my tank once its in its in (too much rock). The other wrasses cant stay in the quarentine tanks indefinatly, and capture is nearly impossable (nothing short of dissasembly) .Ive never seen the mystery wrasse nip at anyone or do much chasing. The female flames are the more agressive and I was thinking that being that they are the same size, mabe its a dominance thing .Could a male flame calm them down? But whos to say the flames are for sure the problem.

buzzbombtom
06/07/2008, 04:28 PM
time for a fish trap my friend. watch the fish a bit more close, this will tell you who it is.

SDguy
06/07/2008, 06:55 PM
Fish traps are a great investment. Or, make one with a water/soda bottle.

dman17878
06/07/2008, 07:19 PM
Ive tryed to trap it , some of his tank mates are not as smart last night I bet every anthias in the tank was captured at least 2 times and the mystery would not come close or did not have chance to get close

SDguy
06/07/2008, 07:49 PM
Patience. Every single one of my fish has entered the trap at one point....

dman17878
06/08/2008, 01:24 PM
I took chance and added male flame last nite he is out swimming and displaying ,the male and female rhomboid are also out none of the wrasses are chasing ......yet