PDA

View Full Version : When does the AC3 send emails?

lactose
06/08/2008, 09:16 AM
I know my email config is working and when the ALM (set on the AC3) is set on I get an email. Note I am not using aquanotes so there is no email coming from that for sure.

However I also get them other times and the email contents show ALM off.
Is there any other times I would get emails?

As a side note it would be great if it emailed when the ALM condition cleared (turned back off) as that would tell me when the condition was fixed as well.

Thanks in advance.

kenargo
06/08/2008, 09:51 AM
Check to be sure which timer is configured as the alarm timer; you should not get alarms at random but if the incorrect timer was configured then you would get emails when that timer (and not the ALM timer, or whatever you named it) came on.

I know of no way to have an email send when the error condition is cleared. I changed the email repeat interval to 15 mins so that I get an email every 15 mins and if I don't get one in 15 mins I know the condition is cleared.

A trick I saw another user do is to have the alarm timer come on for 1-2 minutes a few times a day so that they get emailed tank status (the person in question travelled a lot and this way even on the road they got status).

lactose
06/09/2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks. I didn't catch that the repeat interval was for that purpose I set it up and now it works just as you said. Thanks!

Everything else is/was right so perhaps there was a just a fluke a couple of times that night. It was only a day or two after I set it up and I was still moving things around so perhaps if the pH probe came out of water for a moment and then went back in as I moved it from one part of the tank to another it was low enough to trigger the alarm for a second or two but when the email was generated it was good again or something... I am not worried.

I love this thing and (as you can see) am posting several questions to get my understanding and the config right. I am trying not to post questions that have already been answered but sometimes search is not so cooperative or my search words are not quite right to get the results :)