PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish

GrayJ
06/09/2008, 10:45 AM
I have just got a 90 gallon tank and was thinking what to put in it. I really like angelfish like the lemon peel, Flame, and Coral Beauty. I have reead thet this species should only be one per tank but i was wondering if you put them all in at one time and as the last fish in the tank would it be possible to have them all? Also would the eat or pick at Leather Corals and Carpet Anenomes?

Hormigaquatica
06/09/2008, 11:25 AM
Ive kept that combination of angels together before (plus a Tibicin with them), in a tank with a very similar footprint. I had no issues, but that isnt always the case. I think if you have a lot of rockwork they can use to divide up territory, and if they are all introduced at about the same time, then you have a decent chance of them getting along. That said, sometimes you get individuals that are more aggressive than others are, so in the end you just have to really watch the fish and make sure they arent fighting. Be prepared to move one if needed.

Ive never had a problem with a dwarf angel picking at leather corals, though Ive seen many destroy stony ones. I dont think they would bother the carpet anemone more than once; the carpet is likely to put a permanent end to that...

fittiger
06/09/2008, 11:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12710452#post12710452 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hormigaquatica
Ive kept that combination of angels together before (plus a Tibicin with them), in a tank with a very similar footprint. I had no issues, but that isnt always the case. I think if you have a lot of rockwork they can use to divide up territory, and if they are all introduced at about the same time, then you have a decent chance of them getting along. That said, sometimes you get individuals that are more aggressive than others are, so in the end you just have to really watch the fish and make sure they arent fighting. Be prepared to move one if needed.

Ive never had a problem with a dwarf angel picking at leather corals, though Ive seen many destroy stony ones. I dont think they would bother the carpet anemone more than once; the carpet is likely to put a permanent end to that...
+1

flameangel88
06/09/2008, 01:33 PM
I've added many angels in a 75g & current 180g and they get along as long as there are plenty of rocks/caves for them to find safety. I'd be more concerned with your new tank adding too many centropyge at the same time if you don't have enough established rocks. They need live rocks to graze all day long. See if you can add some established LRs from a local reefer before adding the angels.

GrayJ
06/22/2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you that ways what I needed to know

agreeive?fish
06/29/2008, 08:19 PM
I have a coral beauty, 1/2 black, and a bi color with no issues along with an ~ 6 inch asfur in a 210g