PDA

View Full Version : RODI Problems...

Phillybean
06/10/2008, 10:26 PM
My RODI unit stopped making water. There was no RODI water and very little waste water. So I changed the Micron Filter which looked pretty plugged up (after only 200 gallons or so). Now, I am getting lots of waste water, but the RODI is a very slow "drip". It is a Kent Marine 60 gallon per day unit.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks

fishnut321
06/11/2008, 02:27 AM
check your water psi, you plumbing might not be able to push water through the unit... also check your valves and lines make sure there are no obstructions, kinks, or closed valves

Phillybean
06/11/2008, 07:15 AM
I did everything but check the PSI, would it change considering it was working a week ago?

No check valves or kinks in the line are causing the problem. I'm going to take the entire unit down today and clean everything. If that doesn't work, I'll have to buy a new one.

AZDesertRat
06/11/2008, 12:21 PM
Chances are if the prefilter was plugged so is the carbon block. Most vendors use a higher micron nominal rated prefilter which allows any particles below the micron rating and a good percentage of the ones matching the micron rating to pass through and plug the pores in the carbon block.
I am a fan of using higher quality, lower micron and also absolute rated prefilters to protect my higher priced 20,000 gallon capacity carbon block. By using an absolute 0.5 micron or better yet a 0.2 micron pleated prefilter I protect the carbon blocks pores from being plugged so it does not cause a pressure drop.
Replace both the prefilter and the carbon block and use at least a 1 micron prefilter if not smaller and a good carbon block like the Matrixx+1 0.5 or 0.6 micron Chlorine Guzzler and you should not have any problems. If sediment or particulates are a problem look at the 0.2 micron ZetaZorb filters at www.spectrapure.com . They get excellent filter life since they have 10x the surface area. If that still does not do it they also offer a new flushable prefilter that I understand has been working excellent in some of the worst sediment areas of the country.

Mikro
06/11/2008, 01:14 PM
If you have a storage tank check the PSI. I had a problem like that untill I added 6LBS. PSI