PDA

View Full Version : RBTA's bulbiness?

jubjub
06/11/2008, 04:21 PM
does anyone know why sometimes BTA's are bulby and some just arent? baffles me i seen some that have real bulby tips but mine just like a LTA.....

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/jubjubrsx/Aquarium%20-PS/all299.jpg

eeorrandy
06/11/2008, 04:52 PM
Nope... no one really knows for sure.

That's a nice anemone by the way.. looks very good.

jubjub
06/11/2008, 10:10 PM
thanks :D hum i always thought it would be bulby if it was storing that zooxellatha stuff but i dont think thats true because i feed mine like once every 3days or so...

crsswift70
06/11/2008, 10:32 PM
I read somewhere that bulby ones weren't looking for light. Extended ones were. But, i am no expert. :)

Slakker
06/11/2008, 11:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12729432#post12729432 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crsswift70
I read somewhere that bulby ones weren't looking for light. Extended ones were. But, i am no expert. :)

I would think the opposite would be true...the inflated tentacles would increase effective surface area for photosynthesizing, wouldn't it?

FWIW, feeding your anemone has no real connection to its zooxanthellae. Zooxanthellae is photosynthetic microalgae that lives within the anemones tissue. The population density, if you will, of Zoox is more closely correlated to lighting conditions than feeding.

Many folks don't feed their anemones at all, and indeed they are just as colorful and healthy as anemones that get fed regularly.