PDA

View Full Version : Spider Bugs?

evilspaz
06/11/2008, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, I have a 40 gallon thats been up for 3 weeks. When I was viewing the tank today I notest these white spider like bugs
on the wall of the tank they are very small. What could these be, are they bad? My stupid camera wont get a decent picture.

Thanks,

-Zakk

guinness0514
06/11/2008, 08:19 PM
Try to get a pic...Best shot in us taking a guess. So far I would guess hydroids. If that is what you have they are harmless and will go away in time. I think they look like tiny snowflakes on the glass of the aquarium...everywhere

mattnbecs
06/11/2008, 09:36 PM
try going to the link below. When you get there click on the "Info Links" on the left. Then click on the "hitchhikers" link on the left colum. Then scroll down to "Odds & Ends" and click on that. Finally scroll down until you see the "Hydroids" section. Is the first picture there what you are referring to?

They are not too welcome, but will die off eventually

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

Aquarist007
06/11/2008, 09:49 PM
Sounds like the are hydroids---harmless--eventually consume their food source and die off

FabRight
06/11/2008, 09:56 PM
I'm in the same boat. Tank set up for almost 3 weeks and last night I started seeing these little white dots on the glass. From the link mattnbecs gave, it looks like I too have hydroids. Thanks for the help guys.