PDA

View Full Version : Tesselata Eel And Radiata Lion?

Tyler.L
06/11/2008, 09:48 PM
I just wondering if they're even compatible or if the tessy has to be all on his own..?

Everywhere i've read saying they're super aggressive, and will even eat other eels, so i dont wanna throw some money down on a radiata or antenata to have the tessy eat it a little bit down the road. So should i just stay species only...I've got my heart set on a tesselata so i hope people have words of wisdom on them they're just to beautiful to pass up! The chainlink had been available right then and there but died so.....now im trying to get someone to get ahold of a tesselata for me...

People got pics of theres! Either of Radiata's/Antenata Lions, or there tesselata morays. Thanks for all the replies on the chaink link thread but this will be my last thread until i actually get ahold of something in my hands. Thanks People!

FMarini
06/12/2008, 01:47 PM
if the Tessy is small, it might be safe, otherwise once the Eel gets some size, it will be a handful. In my opinion don't risk it

1swtlx
06/12/2008, 04:57 PM
The eel will most likely eat the belly off the lionfish one day. The eel can approach the lion from below and snack away. If you want a Tesse'. Get use to the fact of having a 1 eel tank and I wouldnt risk putting any fish in there with him. They are just too aggressive.

Tess eel tank is the one tank I absolutly refuse to put my arm into.

Best of luck,

billsreef
06/12/2008, 07:17 PM
I've seen morays eat lionfish. They just go from the head so that the spines lay back and don't jab the eel.

MeskeetDog
06/12/2008, 08:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12729214#post12729214 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tyler.L
I just wondering if they're even compatible or if the tessy has to be all on his own..?

Everywhere i've read saying they're super aggressive, and will even eat other eels, so i dont wanna throw some money down on a radiata or antenata to have the tessy eat it a little bit down the road. So should i just stay species only...I've got my heart set on a tesselata so i hope people have words of wisdom on them they're just to beautiful to pass up! The chainlink had been available right then and there but died so.....now im trying to get someone to get ahold of a tesselata for me...

People got pics of theres! Either of Radiata's/Antenata Lions, or there tesselata morays. Thanks for all the replies on the chaink link thread but this will be my last thread until i actually get ahold of something in my hands. Thanks People!

If the Tess ate the Lion it would be gonner for sure... thats a lot of poison im thinkin'. Tess's are MEAN... ever see that pic (not sure where it was from...illl look after this post) of the Tess vs the Monster grouper and other stuff in a rather large tank? I think they get 6ft+... better be ready for a BIG tank or have to give this thing away within a year or two. They are pretty but like some triggers, they are timebombs!

Tyler.L
06/12/2008, 10:14 PM
thanks everyone i got the radiata ordered and should be here in 2 weeks or so. i was also looking into a stone fish but decided to pass up on it. I will get a tesselata but i will go species only like i thought would have to happen. Thanks for everything i will post pics of my radiata once i get he/she in. Thanks for all the replies everyone!

fisher1234
06/12/2008, 11:45 PM
At the store we have a 1000 gallon FO tank. A couple months ago we had a 3 and a half foot Tesselata eel that was just beautiful. He was always on the move didnt stay still hiding like alot of eels do, but of course he was a huge predatore he ate out 11 inch red coris wrasse. From experience I would say if they are less than a foot and a half they would might be ok with a pretty big lion, but with any Tesselata bigger than that I wouldnt put any money on all tthe fish being safe.

billsreef
06/13/2008, 04:15 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12735965#post12735965 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MeskeetDog
If the Tess ate the Lion it would be gonner for sure... thats a lot of poison im thinkin'.

Nope, the venom needs to be injected. When it's ingested, it's harmless ;)