PDA

View Full Version : Suction Cups and Moving/Placing a Large Tank

Quetzal
06/13/2008, 04:23 AM
From what I can gather, using suction cups/suction lifts is the best method to handle a tank when moving/placing. I've not had much luck finding a single local rental place locally that supplies these (I could go to several locations and get a pair from each), so I've been looking into purchasing some...

The prices, however, range from $10-$100+ per unit. Obviously one can get a higher-quality item for more money, but for something that will see little use, I'm not sure I'm as concerned about a top-quality item. If the cheaper units are unreliable, that is another story - it certainly isn't worth taking a chance on dropping the tank!

I'm looking for some input on this subject, based on people's actual experience.

Thanks.

tbittner
06/13/2008, 06:41 AM
I have a 360g tank being delivered tomorrow. It's built by glass cages. I bought the suction cups they sell, and if they give out, I'll go right back to them.

I completely agree with you, it's a serious pain to have to buy them, when I doubt if they'll be used after this one time. I'll probably sell them on EBay and try to recover some of the money.

I couldn't find any place that rents them either.

nyvp
06/13/2008, 08:48 AM
some rental places rent them.

wmilas
06/13/2008, 04:58 PM
I rented the really heavy duty at RentalMax. They are the giant cups with a bar straight across the single cup. they retail for $150. I rented 10 pair (20 cups) when I did my delivery. Think they were 12 bux per pair a day. It was some of the best $ I've ever spent.