PDA

View Full Version : Are my clowns confused?

mikeandjenn99
06/15/2008, 08:08 AM
Background: I have an ocellaris, who I've had for a month or two shy of two years. After the first 4 months, she was alone in the tank for about 9 months. So this, and her size gain lead me to believe she had turned female. So after being the only clown for about a year and 2 months, I decided to try and introduce a small perc from my nano. The introduction went well, and it seemed that they had paired fine, with the ocellaris being the dominant one. Queue the anemones! My ocellaris had ignored a GBTA (or anything as a host for that matter) I had in the tank for 4 months and my perc had taken up residence in some gsp. I got a great deal on a beautiful RBTA, and added it to the tank. After 2 weeks or so, I discovered the ocellaris face first in the RBTA, and a day or so later, the perc started rubbing in it as well. Well, the RBTA started moving around, eventually moving to the back of the tank where the GBTA was.
Now: the perc now lives in both BTAs, only coming out to eat. The ocellaris gets in the nems from time to time, but not like the perc. I have even seen the perc 'chase' the ocellaris away in the evenings when she'd try to get in bed. Do my clowns have it backwards? There is still a significant size difference between then with the ocellaris being probably 3 times the size.

myreefcentral
06/15/2008, 08:44 AM
no...just the osc is confused and can't get things straight...

mikeandjenn99
06/16/2008, 02:37 PM
So is the small perc just taking advantage of the situation to get time in the anemone?