PDA

View Full Version : Fussy Corals

andy51632
06/15/2008, 03:34 PM
Looking through liveaquaria's divers den at all the different corals and fish. I know some fish have special requirements that can not be met in the home aquarium. Are there corals like this too? Corals that nobody should purchase because they are going to waste away and die.

kau_cinta_ku
06/15/2008, 03:37 PM
off the top of my head I can think of 2 but I know there are alot of others, but the mains ones would be:

indo elegance coral, aussie's seem to have better track record
and Carnation Tree Coral.

jamest0o0
06/15/2008, 03:38 PM
yes.

abulgin
06/15/2008, 04:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12752277#post12752277 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kau_cinta_ku
off the top of my head I can think of 2 but I know there are alot of others, but the mains ones would be:

indo elegance coral, aussie's seem to have better track record
and Carnation Tree Coral.

Too many to name. Some off the top of my head include Sun Polyps (non-photosynthetic and require daily feedings to remain healthy); some Neptheids, like Dendronephthya (Carnation Coral) and Scleronephthya; Pipe Organ (although I have had great success with mine); and Goniopora.

Don't impulse buy. If you see something you like, research it first. A couple good resources--

www.wetwebmedia.com (search your coral name, and you should get an article that will address its difficulty or, if no article, lots of answers in the posts).

http://www.asira.org/caresheets

jamest0o0
06/15/2008, 04:18 PM
Sun polyps shouldn't be hard if you have the time to feed it.