PDA

View Full Version : GBTA clone quetsion

Flightpipe
06/18/2008, 08:43 AM
My GBTA was sucked onto my K3 10 days ago and once he was free he split and now i am stuck with two. The original larger GBTA looks fine and is eating ect. the other I placed in a sheltered place in my tank, it appeared to have taken the brunt of the K3. it seems to be healing well and is looking much better. He has inflated petal ect. i attempted to feed it last night and it was not sticky at all and did not make any attempt to feed. Should I just leave him alone till fully healed? he is at the bottom of the tank and is under a slight ledge shaded from direct light. so while he looks good i am just a little concerned.

kimsie
06/18/2008, 09:14 AM
Is he attached to the rock there?

Flightpipe
06/18/2008, 09:20 AM
Yes, He is firmly attached to a vertical side under the slight ledge. foot has color and he has deflated and inflated once since he attached there.

kimsie
06/18/2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the info - someone else may chime in now. I think from what I've read that if the foot is attached and not damaged... it can reheal the rest? I would leave it alone for a little while then try to feed again if it were me.

Can you post a pic? Someone else may have a better answer for you.

Slakker
06/18/2008, 10:24 AM
Leave it alone to heal...often they come back from some pretty gruesome injuries.

kimsie
06/18/2008, 10:39 AM
Tyler - have you had experience with this situation? You said the same thing I did - but didn't mention if it's just what you read or that you've had this situation happen before?

osprey3883
06/18/2008, 12:26 PM
+1 on leaving it alone to heal. Many people have shared experiences on the forum about torn up anemones healing up.

Matt

Flightpipe
06/18/2008, 12:31 PM
I will post pictures later but its not entirely the fact of getting a little torn up its the split that i do not understand and how someone should care for a newly split nem. I have pretty much left him alone other than trying to feed him last night.

osprey3883
06/18/2008, 12:55 PM
Hello,
A new split has pretty much the same requirements. it just needs some time to re-adjust the insides, then it will be more interested in some food.

Matt

Flightpipe
06/18/2008, 12:59 PM
I was taking a pic of my new engineer goby but u can see the nem in the back he was in the process of inflating when i took this (i think)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/Flightpipe/IMG_0785.jpg

kimsie
06/18/2008, 08:24 PM
IME - it looks ok. Not great - but I think you'll be ok. I would just leave it be and if anything changes or if in a week or two it still won't take food - maybe wonder?

Again - just a suggestion.