PDA

View Full Version : WavySea vs. SeaSwirl

Left Coast DJ
06/18/2008, 05:02 PM
Considering getting one to sit on the rim of my tank connected to my return. Any hands-on experience with either?

snorvich
06/18/2008, 05:08 PM
I have experience with both. I converted from SeaSwirl to WavySea. The only downside to WavySea for me is that if you lose power, it sticks where it is and does not restart whatever angle you have set it for. Of course SeaSwirl does not allow programming the motion and restarts. On the other hand, both of mine broke/leaked.

joshkennedy07
06/18/2008, 05:12 PM
I got (2) 1/2" seaswirls.

They have worked perfectly for me thus far. I have seen the wavysea in action and they're pretty cool as well.

I got the seaswirls used and pretty cheap, otherwise I was leaning toward the wavysea because they handle higher flow and can spin a full 360.

Left Coast DJ
06/18/2008, 06:18 PM
Is one better than the other, besides the obvious advantage of having a controller with the WavySea?

BangkokMatt
06/18/2008, 07:12 PM
In principle the wavy sea is better due to the programmable nature of it. However, as Snorvich stated, they do not have a memory.
I have used a wavy sea for over a year and have had no problems with it, however, many have broken. There was a big thread on here recently about it. It maybe worth a search. I believe the company has now fixed the problem and made appropriate repairs to the broken units.

BangkokMatt
06/18/2008, 07:26 PM
Here is the thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1345597

Ed Reef
06/18/2008, 08:20 PM
Mmm...I was also asking myself that same Q?? Biggest worry being the frequent breakdown of either units...