PDA

View Full Version : What to Feed anthias for color?

mmotown
06/19/2008, 07:07 AM
Hello guys. I wanted to know what to feed my anthias? I have been feeding them Omega 3 mysis shrimp. They love it but when I feed pellets all of the fish don't eat it. When I initially got my fish they were colorful and now they are the vibrant orange the use to be and the male isn't the deep purple he use to be. Any suggestions?

sdietz2469
06/19/2008, 12:02 PM
sometimes they loose color, but try to feed a variety of foods... emerald entree, marine cuisine, formula 1 formula 2, planktons(zoo/phyto)... a varied diet tends to help in coloration for many fish..
shane

avaneaton2000
06/19/2008, 03:50 PM
I personally think that New Life Spectrum is the best stuff out there. I used it in all my tanks and my african cichlids colors are amazing.

tylorarm
06/19/2008, 04:32 PM
Mine don't eat pellets but likes cyclop-eeze flakes. They're pretty high in nutrients i believe.

tylorarm
06/19/2008, 04:36 PM
Sorry i guess they're wafers (look like flakes to me). Here's the company blurb:

Cyclop-eeze 100% Wafer consists of the micro-crustacean Cyclop-eeze which are selectively cultured in a pristine arctic salina. The wafers are a thin mono-layer of Cylop-eeze organism prepared using infrared refractance drying at below room temperature thus preserving all of the nutritive components.

Benefits of daily supplemental feeding:
Vivid, Enduring Coloration - All freshwater and marine fishes, invertebrates and corals will quickly exhibit colors surpassing natural habitat hues.

jkrentz2515
06/19/2008, 04:40 PM
I feed cylcop-eeze frozen bar and my clownfish have colored up significantly since when I bought them.

mmotown
06/19/2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah I will try that. When I got my male lyretail anthia from live aquaria he was a gorgeous purple but now he looks dull. I want to bring the wild colors back.

DrBegalke
06/19/2008, 09:23 PM
Frozen cyclopeeze + varied diet. I would add a pelleted food, I use New Life Spectrum TheraA and Omega Sea Supper Veggie, as then you can set up an autofeeder for daytime feedings.

frogiii
06/20/2008, 06:30 PM
good thing yours eats mine does not eat anything they eat and spits it out. I dont know why they do that... both male and female died after 2month.