PDA

View Full Version : question about adding some more fish

sdietz2469
06/19/2008, 10:35 AM
well guys, i have a few questions about getting some wrasses for my 120 show... it is pedominantly a sps/lps tank.... i have a purps tang, a helfrich firefish, pair of green mandrin dragonnets, and a sunburst anthias..... i am getting a pair of snowflake clowns, and a bluespot jawfish.... i was thinking of getting a McCorskers and either a rhomboid, filimented, hawiian flame, or lineateus..... which do you think would go the best in my tank... is it possible to have these with my current fish? i love the wrasses, my favorite being an aussie tuskfish, but in a reef i dont dare, cuz i dont think i can watch him eat all of my shrimp..... anyways whatdo you guys think... i am going to be getting a few bags of pods and up my population of pods for the mandrins etc, but i am not too sure if my tank will handle 2 mandrins, and 2 wrasses....

any imput would be much appreciated...

shane

Packersfan21
06/19/2008, 05:16 PM
If you want to keep the mandarins alive long-term then you need a refugium to keep the pod population up, even w/o the wrasses. Instead of getting two different species of flasher wrasses i would go for a pair of the smae species.

sdietz2469
06/19/2008, 09:42 PM
yeah, but i have never seen a pair of any of the above for sale... anyone know where to get a pair?
shane

Packersfan21
06/19/2008, 10:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12783587#post12783587 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sdietz2469
yeah, but i have never seen a pair of any of the above for sale... anyone know where to get a pair?
shane

I didn't mean a mated pair of wrasses just a male and a female of the same species so that they "flash" their colors.

hobbzz
06/19/2008, 10:46 PM
Liva Aquaria often has pairs of different flashers.

snorvich
06/20/2008, 04:33 AM
Live Aquaria. Phishybusiness will get you pretty much anything you want.