PDA

View Full Version : Reefkeeper elite vs AquaController 3

USC-fan
06/19/2008, 11:39 AM
Thinking about buying another controller for a kalk top off and cal reactor I plan on setting up.

I need to 2 ph controllers to do this saftly and it is doesn't cost much more to just buy a controller.

I am really thinking about getting the ACIII because it just has more features built in. Can control 2 ph probes without buying an add on. Web site/email support out the box and don't have to buy an add on.

Any thing I am over looking?

I already have a reefkeeper 1 that I use as my timer & heater/fan control and don't plan to change that at this time.

Esquare
06/19/2008, 06:21 PM
You may want to check out the Neptune thread, there is a lot of good info there. I have been very happy with my AC3, my only disapointment is that I didn't go with the pro for the conductivity prode.

USC-fan
06/19/2008, 07:45 PM
I went ahead and brought the AC3. The RKE doesn't come with much out the box and it would cost be about $400 more than ACIII to get features I need. Plus the main feature I wanted beside PH control, web monitoring wouldn't be available till winter.

BTW: Do you really think you would have used the conductivity probe. Its like an extra $260 for the PRO and you only get couple extra features.

Esquare
06/20/2008, 07:04 AM
Yes, I would have used the conductivity probe. Would it have been worth it? No. Then I probably would have wished that I had gone with the AC3. :)

SaltyMember
06/20/2008, 07:58 AM
Yes, I would have used the conductivity probe. Would it have been worth it? No. Then I probably would have wished that I had gone with the AC3.
Spoken like a true reefer.......LOL

Esquare
06/20/2008, 09:43 AM
Buyers remorse is a Beach and the Cheato is always greener! :)