PDA

View Full Version : Handing Canopy to cover MH pendant

mskurdah
06/19/2008, 03:12 PM
I have a Lumen Max pendant that does a good job of lighting, but isn't very nice visually. I'm thinking of constructing a wood 'shell' to cover the pendant that would somehow rest on top of the pendant with minimum contact, since the pendant itself gets hot. I'd like to keep the open top and just cover the pendant.

Has anyone done something like this? I'd like to avoid having to rehang the pendant (had an electrician install the ballast in the attic).

Thanks!

Esquare
06/19/2008, 06:02 PM
Maybe something like a lamp shade. Not an actual lamp shade of course but using the same theory.

António Vitor
06/19/2008, 06:52 PM
Don't know if this is what you have in mind, but I also covered up my ugly mh projectors...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12779471#post12779471

It is resting in the tank, there are not that many kilograms in there, so there is no problem.

The glass can sustain many kilos if the weight is only from the above (compression).

It's basically a cage made of light wood, with some very thin wood covering the wood...

for the extra touch, I put some perfis (don't know the english term for this), it is not just flat wood...and it did the work well...

everyone says it's great...