PDA

View Full Version : Need help with plumbing fuge

Fireworm
06/20/2008, 04:00 PM
I am doing an above the tank fuge. I tried it out today and had to little leaks that I need to fix, but nothing major. However I am getting bubbles in my return to the tank. I am using a MJ 600 moded to a 900 (holes drilled) to get water from the tank to the fuge. Both of my bulk heads and all my PVC is 1".
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p252/bradyoa1/eac17d34-1.jpg

How do I stop the bubbles

Fireworm
06/20/2008, 04:06 PM
The end of the return line is in the tank by about a hlaf inch.

Fireworm
06/20/2008, 06:52 PM
bump....

anyone have any ideas about getting rid of the bubbles.

Fireworm
06/20/2008, 09:42 PM
anybody....

zachofalltrades
06/21/2008, 05:03 AM
Your return goes from the the fuge directly to the tank? From your pic it looks like you have a durso in the inside of the fuge, which by nature will draw in air with the water, which doesn't disapear by the time it reaches the other end...

Do you have a sump? if so you might want to just plumb the return to the sump with your other return so that you can let your bubble traps in the sump take care of it. If you don't have a sump, the only way I could think of would be to make a bubble trap in the tank like a column filled with rubble that the return dumps into, with the outlet at the bottom.

Fireworm
06/21/2008, 05:17 PM
I wanted to try to do an over the tank fuge just for something different. I do have a sump, but I wanted to keep that open as much as possible to add a few other toys later on. If I stick the fuge in the canopy, I was hopeing to use the light from my tank to light the fuge.

Is it possible I have tomany holes in the durso? I was also wondering about the the 90. From the 90 it goes straight down about 6 inches, is that to far of a drop maybe?

Sirhog66
06/29/2008, 01:41 PM
Watch your heat in the canopy! you could possibly run the whole systems temp up if that is a concern

coralfragger101
06/29/2008, 02:11 PM
Pictures isn't showing so I can't see what it looks like, but.....

If you stick the fuge in the hood it will probably overheat.
The light may be too intense for the fuge as well being so close to lights.
The light that hits the fuge will now become a shaded area in the tank.

jspot
06/29/2008, 03:27 PM
Can't see any pics but maybe you could just put a gate valve on the feed from the fuge and close the line enough so the top of the durso is covered with water, no more air in the line. Would be kind of like the herbie method for drain pipes without the backup.

Fireworm
06/29/2008, 11:37 PM
Well, I messed around with it for a few days, and got nowhere. I didn't have to worry to much about the shaded area, I only had about an inch that over hung the tank the way my canopy is. I just decided to be like every other reefer and have it in my sump. So if anyone is interested, I have roughly a 10g fuge with two 1" bulkheads if anyone is wanting a new fuge to try.