PDA

View Full Version : How Much to order???

dtech
06/21/2008, 10:04 AM
I am in the home streatch now, on my AP24 I got the lighting upgrade in, 3(36w) pc, a fan upgrade in for better cooling inn the hoo. I also just got done with the closed loop install. I only have to do a test run and get flow tweaked a littlr bit. Now for my question, I am going to put in my order for "The Package"in July (tax rebate check). So i doing this I'm not quite sur ehow much to order. The tank is an AP24, but if I measure the actual display area and calculate the volume there it is only about 20 gal.
What would everyone suggest for the actual amount to order, for 24 gal or 20 gal? I can't decide I'm going back and forth.

liverock
06/21/2008, 12:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12792291#post12792291 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dtech
I am in the home streatch now, on my AP24 I got the lighting upgrade in, 3(36w) pc, a fan upgrade in for better cooling inn the hoo. I also just got done with the closed loop install. I only have to do a test run and get flow tweaked a littlr bit. Now for my question, I am going to put in my order for "The Package"in July (tax rebate check). So i doing this I'm not quite sur ehow much to order. The tank is an AP24, but if I measure the actual display area and calculate the volume there it is only about 20 gal.
What would everyone suggest for the actual amount to order, for 24 gal or 20 gal? I can't decide I'm going back and forth.

20 gallon Package will fill it up.....I set those up all the time!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

dtech
06/21/2008, 06:22 PM
Thans Richard, I will be ordering sometime in July for sure, What about tube sponges and gorgians in the aquapod?

scowiii
06/22/2008, 10:28 PM
My gorgonian has grown like wildfire. So big it droops over. Sponges well they died because they just dont last long in an unatural setting since there is not enoughtyou can feed them.

dtech
06/23/2008, 07:00 AM
Yeah I had heard sponges were hard, I do like the gorgians though, can they be fragged or anything if they get too big?