PDA

View Full Version : I sold my typhoon 3 , do I need to empty the water before shipping it?

marinerules
06/22/2008, 09:08 AM
I just dont have time to use it anymore and I sold it ,

I need to know if I need to drain all of the water out of it before shipping it . or if I should just leave it in there ?

if you guys could give some imput really fast , it would be helpful , cause I need to get it ready to ship by wednesday.

If I do need to drain it , how do I do that?

(I didnt use this very much maybe 3 tiems, thats what I dont know how)

useskaforevil
06/22/2008, 10:52 AM
well, i don't know what a typhoon 3 is. but it will cost more to ship, and potentially leak onto your package and others. i'd drain whatever it is.

kar93
06/22/2008, 10:59 AM
I believe it is an RO/DI unit if I'm right. Unscrew all the cartidges and the membrane and chuck the water out of them, dry with tissues or something and ship.

marinerules
06/22/2008, 11:07 AM
yea sorry , I could have been a little more descriptive there

it is a rodi unit

Agu
06/22/2008, 11:23 AM
Empty the water from the micron and carbon filters. Also remove the RO cartridge and seal it in a plastic bag to keep it moist. RO cartridges will fail if allowed to dry out. The DI media also needs to stay moist during shipping. It's best to seal it in a plastic bag also. Then drain everything else and package it for shipping.

marinerules
06/22/2008, 11:32 AM
sounds like its going to be messy ,
ive never took the ro catridge off before, I hope i dont mess it up

tkeracer619
06/22/2008, 12:41 PM
Its easy. Just put the RO mebrane in a freezer bag with a bit of water so it doesn't dry out.