PDA

View Full Version : anemone for a 28 gallon bow front ?

bluegrizzlies1
06/24/2008, 10:25 AM
I have a 28 gallon bow front what would be a nice small anemone to add to the tank?

My tank has been running about 4 months and I have T5 HO lighting

corbett_n
06/24/2008, 11:50 AM
I have a small Green Bubble tip in my 30g, it does great and hasn't moved yet.

bonzd67
06/24/2008, 08:15 PM
almost any anemone i have encountered can grow fairly large.... bta's are probably the best choice, as they stay relatively small and are, in my opinion, very hardy... for anemones

abulgin
06/24/2008, 08:37 PM
If you're interested in hosting a clown, you should probably forget about it because the anemones that host clowns get way too big for a 29g (or a 30g). I disagree with the previous poster--a bubble tip will/should get 18-24" in diameter if healthy, a sebae even bigger. An anemone should be at least 3 times the size of the clown hosting in it.

Corbett, I don't know how long you've had yours, but if it isn't growing then something is wrong--either your light isn't good or you're not feeding it or there's something off with your water chemistry.

If you just want a cool looking anemone, there are some rock anemones that are beautiful. Of course, unless your clown is smoking crack (I've seen it happen) it won't host a clown.

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=321&parent_category=4&category_search=63&root_parent_id=4

D to the P
06/24/2008, 08:57 PM
I agree with abulgin. Most people have problems with their host anemones outgrowing their area (I've heard many stories of 2' bubble tips taking up the whole tank). If you aren't trying to get a clown to host an anemone, than rock anemones are a great choice (can be pretty colorful).

IFbettas
06/25/2008, 12:28 AM
You could just make the whole tank centered around one anemone though so that it is in the center of the tank and has lots of room to grow. I do agree though that a healthy anemone will grow huge and should not be underestimated.