PDA

View Full Version : Id pls :D

RoxingYourSox
06/24/2008, 04:04 PM
I bought this clown today but I have no idea which it is. I would like to get another to pair it up, so please if anyone could ID it for me I would be very greatfull.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3007/fishiemf8.th.jpg (http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fishiemf8.jpg)

garygb
06/24/2008, 04:04 PM
Clarkii

Slakker
06/24/2008, 04:06 PM
+1 clarkii, but i've never been good at ID'ing the juvis in that complex.

speedo2wet
06/24/2008, 04:06 PM
i got two black true osc clowns I believe from the LFS. Ones larger than the other of course but they are a pair and I am going to be placing them in my clam tank as soon as it is ready I hope next month and looking forward to seeing if they spawn. Nice clown by the way.

adtravels
06/24/2008, 06:33 PM
very difficult to tell, clarks almost certainly
things that may help you decide'
Where is it from?(if its tank bred from england thens its 99% clarks)
how much did you pay?
what was it labelled as?
if it came in a shipment what other fish arrived with it? ( this is a sketchy one at best)

good luck, or wait a year or so as it matures its alot easier.:)

RoxingYourSox
06/24/2008, 08:29 PM
Well I thought it was a clarki

One thing I should mention is the fact that altho you cant see it in the photo there is a black splodge on its tail. Quite faint untill he passes over a solid object.

It was in a tank alone and was listed as CB clown which I thought would stand for captive bread altho they had other clowns that were clearly captive bread listed as thier normal names.

Also when we ask the shop owner he said it was from africa ?

it was quite cheap only £15 so I assumed it was a clarki BUT they also had a some nigripes in listed as chocolate clowns for £ 9 pounds each one time I went in there. so IDK rly

Im hoping its a clarki because that would make it easy to get a buddy for :D Ill try get that black spot on his tail photo graphed.

adtravels
06/24/2008, 10:24 PM
Africa

could be an allardi then, outside chance a bicinctus (NE africa e.g djbouti?).

RoxingYourSox
06/25/2008, 07:46 AM
The guy didn't know where other than africa. Ill try to get some more pictures and maybe a little movie clip, hopefully that should make life easyer.

Is there some website that list the traits of each clownfish?

reefman13
06/25/2008, 09:33 AM
After hearing Africa it would depend...in South Africa there is a HUGE aquaculture center about 40 mins outside of Cape Town that breeds clowns and grows masses of corals...they are linked with ProAquatix in England...

I think Clarkki is still the best bet...but with the price being around $30 USD I don't think that it could be Allardi...

billie6227
06/25/2008, 05:31 PM
Clarkii definately.