PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Max Protein Skimmer bubbles

bob8829
06/24/2008, 07:22 PM
I am still pretty new at this hoppy. I have a 12 gallon nano cube and I love it. After about 8 months,I wanted to get a bigger tank. I saw the Red Sea Max on the DR.Fosters website. I loved the look of it and thoaght it was very cool how everything was built in. I ordered it and when it arived,I couldn't wait to get it set up. Got everything put together and filled it up and it looked just as great as I hoped. Then I started everything up and I got a million air bubbles in my tank when the protein skimmer was on. Turn the skimmer off and it cleared right up. I contacted Red Sea and told them my problem. It seemed to be a common one when they emailed me a "bubble chart". After following the 12 or so steps on their chart I still had the same problem. I contacted them again and they sent me a whole new skimmer body and pump. STILL A MILLION BUBBLES! I can't even see my coral and rock. So I boaght this tank with everything included and I can't even use my protein skimmer. Does anyone know anything that can help? Please?

dc
06/24/2008, 08:27 PM
[moved]

1F2FRFBF
06/24/2008, 11:05 PM
It might just be the newness of the equipment. How long have you had the system running? Sometimes if it's brand new it needs an opportunity to "break in". New surfaces will sometimes have a tendency to accumulate small bubbles, but as the water runs through the surfaces will get a bit of a coating, and this generally makes the bubbles disappear. New filter pads will also give you bubbles for a little while.

You also might want to check to make sure all of your water levels are where they should be - you might be sucking air somewhere.

ladydeath
07/02/2008, 09:59 PM
this will go away. push down on the sponges. i had this prob for awhile and it went away.maybe also upgrade the pumps.

Nano Chris
07/03/2008, 07:58 AM
Check out the RSM Owners Club:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1414728

Do you have the pump to the right of the tank, you may have put the skimmer in backwards? Try turning it around?