PDA

View Full Version : AC Jr pH Probe with CA Reactor

scbauer
06/25/2008, 06:09 PM
Hi all, I am in the process of building my new tank. It has water in it now, and the sump is running smooth, but I'm not sure how to setup my new CA reactor.

I just bought an MRC Nano CA Reactor with a pH probe hole in the top. I also have an AquaController Jr.

My problem is, the AC Jr. has a single pH probe input, and I typically use that for the tank. I don't really want to buy a pH controller since I have the AC Jr and can use it for the same function. My question is, what is the best way to setup my pH probe?

I'm assuming most people would put the pH probe in the CA reactor to turn the CO2 on/off based on pH and then if I want to know the pH of the tank I can move the probe over temporarily.

Thanks in advance!

-Scott

itZme
06/25/2008, 06:32 PM
I currently run a Miwaukee PH monitor on my tank and use the ACjr for controlling the CO2 to the CA reactor according to the PH inside the reactor.

The best way to accomplish what you want to do is to purchase the AC3 instead of the ACjr since it will monitor and control 2 different PH probes. I have plans to upgrade to an AC3 for that feature as well as the built-in networking and web server.

I set my reactor to something like this... (just off the top of my head)

IF PH>6.90 THEN CO2 ON
IF PH<6.50 THEN CO2 OFF

Then tweak the CO2 needle valve and the effluent rate so that it keeps up with the demands of your system.

HTH
-- Kevin

scbauer
06/25/2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought. Just spent WAY too much $$$ on my new setup so the AC Jr will have to do for now.

itZme
06/25/2008, 07:55 PM
Noticed your interests ... I love Audi's too :)

We started with a 1993 100S and also have a 2003 A4 Avant wagon. I don't think I will be able to eve go back. I have had the 100S for 6 years and it has 225,000 mi. Still runs strong and I have only had to put an alternator into (other than oil changes, brakes and tires) in 6 yrs.

LOVE those cars ... next car for me is an A8 quattro and my 15yr old daughter gets the 100S

-- Kevin

scbauer
06/25/2008, 08:04 PM
Next for me is an S5 :D