PDA

View Full Version : 36g Corner - Fish List

FranktheTankTx
06/25/2008, 09:25 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm getting so close to wrapping up this build. All I'm needing is a Bluewave HQI ballast, salt & little things here and there like sand, refractometer, test kits, etc.

So I am putting together a fish list so that I can add them in a least to most aggressive order. Though I really don't think anything I get is going to be aggressive.

Understand that I have a 2.5g refugium & 7g (operational volume for both) sump so this makes the overall system about 46g or so.

Adding in this order:

3 - Blue/Green Chromis
1 - Twin Spotted Goby
1 - Black Perc
1 - Bicolor Blennie

My estimation, I would be looking at about 8 or 9 inches of fish going with that list. Everything is pretty peaceful & not oversized.

I have owned a couple different clowns... but not a black perc. I want to get a small seabe anenome for it, too.

Let me know what you think.

FranktheTankTx
06/25/2008, 10:41 PM
Got to bump it.

IFbettas
06/25/2008, 11:47 PM
I would probably add the clown first though because he is the hardiest. The chromis are more sensitive to poor water quality.

What kind of lighting do you have? Sebae anemones are extremely sensitive and difficult to keep.

Tswifty
06/25/2008, 11:50 PM
I think the order is good and would add the chromis first. All the chromis I have had seem to be able to be punted off the ceiling then put back into the tank without harm. In my experiences they are an extremely hardy fish that are really only a danger to themselves.

Plus they are pretty cheap as opposed to the Black Clowns.

Any reason you settle on only 1 clown vs a pair?

FranktheTankTx
06/26/2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks to both of you for your reply.

I could get a pair of black clowns I guess... would a mated pair be a good idea (if I can find them)?

I think I will add the Chromis first... like Tswifty8 said, I think they are actually extremely hardy fish and would be a good starter fish once my tank cycles. Give me a school of fish roaming around.

I really was going to add the black clown third because I wanted to add a seabae anenome with it to make it's home upon arrival.

As for lighting... I have a 250w 20k Radium in an Ice Cap mogul pendant driven by a SLS Bluewave HQI 250w ballast. I think I got lighting covered.

By adding the black clowns third... this would allow me to wait 6- 9 months or so to get my water parameters really stable and mature. Plus, once again as Tswifty8 said... they are the most expensive fish I have on my list. I want to be patient before adding that one (especially if I add 2).