PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good stocklist?

indyced2000
06/27/2008, 10:24 AM
Hello all, after lots of changes I think I have a stocklist that's ready to be presented to the board for scrutiny.
I have a 100 gal DT with a 29 gal Sump with Skimmer
I have about 150lbs of LR from an established tank and 2" of live sand.

CUC will consist of snails plus a few hitch hiker crabs that came with the LR & LS.

Here's what I'd like to have.

Black & White Ocellaris
False Ocelleris
Scooter Blenny
Six Line Wrasse
One Spot Foxface
Blue Throat Trigger
Flame Angelfish
Royal Gamma Basslet
Coperband Butterflyfish
Powder Brown Tang
Yellow Tang

If this is ok...what order should they be added. Of course, everything would be added spead out over a years time.

Thx in advance for any help.

McCrary
06/27/2008, 10:43 AM
A powder brown tang probably isn't going to be super happy in a 100 gallon tank, long term. The blue throat trigger will get large and they can foul water quality fairly quickly. You also shouldn't mix species of clowns as they tend to fight, a single pair of clowns would be better. Copperbanded butterfly fish can be hard to feed and may be better for more experienced reefers.

chatyak
06/27/2008, 10:54 AM
I would remove the trigger and butterfly fish and the flame angel.

shuguley
06/27/2008, 11:07 AM
McCrary,

Why can't he have a Black and White Ocellaris in with a False Ocellaris?

I am planning on trying the same thing, it was my understanding that these two fish are the same species, just different colors, and would be ok as a mated pair.

McCrary
06/27/2008, 11:10 AM
If he's trying to keep two ocellaris then it will be fine, they should pair up, I may have been under the wrong impression that the black and white ocellaris he was referring to was percula clown and not another ocellaris clown.

snorvich
06/27/2008, 11:58 AM
In a normal sized tank, only one pair of clownfish will survive. They are highly territorial and will kill or intimidate to death a third. And be sure you buy sexually undifferentiated clowns (very small ones) of the same species. If you accidentally get two females, you will also have problems.