PDA

View Full Version : Koran angelfish (juvi) info please

agreeive?fish
06/27/2008, 04:40 PM
I ordered a juvi koran angel from saltwaterfish.com.... 1-3 inch range since i dont know exactly the size i was wondering how hardy the little juvi are..any body have any imput please feel free to flame if you feel the desire

acrodave
06/27/2008, 04:49 PM
hope it eating well .feed lots a veggie and mysis or brine... but i would keep a eye out with it and the half black and coral beauty

agreeive?fish
06/27/2008, 10:16 PM
its (koran) is going in diffrent tank....the tank with the coral and half black has a ~5-6 inch asfur...sig line is out of date

agreeive?fish
06/28/2008, 08:55 AM
bump

aslavatortin
06/28/2008, 10:13 AM
I had a koran and an orange tail imperator in a 265 and never had any problems. The korans seem to be very hardy, I have had two from juvi through adult. I fed twice a day and alternated between Ocean Nutrition's Formulas 1 and 2, and Angel Formula, and San Francisco Bay's Emerald Entree, Mysis, and a few others (that level of variety isn't necessary, you would be fine with Angel Formula and Formula 2). At his size, he won't be able to eat a whole cube of either of the formulas, you will want to thaw one in a glass of tank water and then mash it up. Feed it half in the AM and half in the PM, but be SURE to dump the water you soaked it and mashed it up in, DO NOT pour it back in the tank. If you want to know why, test the nasty stuff with some of your kits. I would also soak the food in a vitamin like selcon or zoe every 2-3 days. The new mix of Formula 2 already has garlic in it, but you might try soaking some Angel Formula in a garlic supplement at first if he isn't eating. Nutrients (vitamins) and variety are key; most angels are beautiful fish, but they all look like CRAP if the get HLLE!

agreeive?fish
06/28/2008, 12:56 PM
I already feed form 1 flakes form 2 flakes prime reef flakes (looking for angel form in flakes) and varrious frozen foods like mysis brine and b/f-angel formula so varity is the mainstay in my tanks

aslavatortin
06/28/2008, 01:51 PM
I doubt you will find a "good" angel formula in flake form, what makes them "good" is the sizable pieces of sponge in the frozen cubes. That is something you are going to have to start getting in the frozen form; in the wild, the diet of most large angels is comprised in large part by sponges. Supplementing their diet with sponge can be (supposedly) the deciding factor in their long-term health. It's not really worth it to me to have an angel for a couple of years just for him to develop irreversible problems in order for me to find out if that's true or not. So I just follow the recommendations from people who HAVE tried it both ways and I have had no problems thus far.

agreeive?fish
06/28/2008, 02:25 PM
The b/f-angel frozen is supposed to have sponge in it..what frozen are you using with sponge..iam willing to buy it..

agreeive?fish
07/05/2008, 07:45 PM
Got a tenager (changing) about 4.5 inches..eating now ..was a little touch/go if he would eat at first but eating frozen(various) and flake (various)