PDA

View Full Version : List of fish I'm considering for 36g: Are these prone to ich?

Newreeflady
06/30/2008, 10:20 AM
Ok, so I have an ocellaris pair in my 36g bow (45g twv.) That's it.

I would like to add some other fish. Possibilities include:

1 out of these:

-Citron goby
-Green clown goby
-Midas Blenny

1 out of these:

-Lubbock's Wrasse
-Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura
-Cirrhilabrus lubbocki
-Cirrhilabrus lyukyuensis

1 out of these:

-Chalk Bass
-Neon Blue Goby (Will they hang out together if I get 2 or 3?)
-Pseudochromis springerii

Any fish that goes in must NOT need a sandbed (I'm running BB now) and also should not aggressive or sensitive to metal halide light. It would be a bonus if they were smart (would not commit suicide in an anemone or elegance coral) and they must absolutely not pick at my clams!

Please give your opinions on the fish mentioned. I would like fish that are fairly hardy and not picky eaters (I'm willing to "train", but I go on vacation sometimes and leave flake only.)

Thanks!
Angela

Newreeflady
06/30/2008, 02:04 PM
Boo hiss. Can I move this post to the reef discussion?

Zaita
06/30/2008, 05:58 PM
Gobys, Blennys and typically a fair few wrasse all need sand. So BB really won'y work.

BangkokMatt
06/30/2008, 05:59 PM
My choice would be
1 Midas Blenny
2 Lubbocks (not sure if a 36g is big enough - anyone?)
3 Chalk Bass

All should live in peace. HTH

Newreeflady
06/30/2008, 06:54 PM
Zaita, none of the species I listed are reported to need sand.

Hi Matt,

Why did you choose those three? Experience with them, or?

thx,:)
Angela

wrasseguy2
06/30/2008, 06:55 PM
36 should be fine for the lubbcoks...the lubbocks does not need sand..but i think the midas and chalk bass should be fine as well..i have a chalk bass with my wrasses and all is fine

Newreeflady
06/30/2008, 07:08 PM
I'm concerned about wrasse coloration if buying without seeing the fish. Will they all become male with no other fish present, or if you get a juvi or female are they doomed to dullness forever?

also, why not cyanopleura or lyukyuensis, any reason why you favor the Lubbock's? I think they are all fine, alone, in this size tank according to Drs. F&S, that is.

thx,
-A

wrasseguy2
06/30/2008, 07:20 PM
both of the others you are looking at get a little larger and also the fade more so than the lubbcoks without females...most of the time fairys come in as males..you don't see females as often..but i think that the lubbocks would be a btter fit for you tank..but i am prettys sure you would be getting a male form La

Newreeflady
06/30/2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks, wrasseguy, appreciate the help! :)

Best,
Angela

snorvich
06/30/2008, 08:12 PM
Fairy and flasher wrasses do not need sand; they cacoon at night. But your tank is marginally small for them but perhaps ok. The blue group of fairy wrasses loses some coloration without females. Have you considered flasher wrasses?

Newreeflady
07/01/2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, also considering flashers. Do you think that would be better?

I want the color to be different than my orange ocellaris. Pink, blue, yellow, purple. .. these are the colors I'm looking to add:)

wrasseguy2
07/01/2008, 01:14 PM
why not try a blue flasher..i think a flasher would be better

Newreeflady
07/01/2008, 02:00 PM
Hey, that's a cool fish. Unfortunately, Drs. F&S doesn't carry them. Are there other places you'd recommend ordering from that have a good reputation and stand behind their fish?

Thanks!
Angela

wrasseguy2
07/01/2008, 02:45 PM
New you have a pm

Newreeflady
07/01/2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks all for the help. I've settled on adding the midas blenny and the blue flasher to the aquarium. I think that should complete my stock (I don't like to overstock.) Now I'm, on the lookout for these fish locally. If not possible I'll resort to online.

Thanks again! :)
Angela