PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart DI water

eaglesrx
07/01/2008, 06:29 AM
Any of you guys test Wal-Mart DI water for phosphate.

Has anyone tested it for silicates or anything else that would cause an algae bloom?

I use it as my top-off and use it for water changes on my nano. I can't figure out why I still have some algae. I've got phosphate coming from somewhere.

thanks!

StevieTdrill
07/01/2008, 08:29 AM
Each store is going to have different water as they contract it out to the local water companies. I used to use it before having my RO delivered to my office, I didn't see any issues with it.

The best way is to test it out yourself and make sure the maintenance schedule on the machine is filled out.

crsswift70
07/01/2008, 08:32 AM
If you're talking about the water station in the front, I used it 4 times when i was TOTALLY out of water and the LFS was closed. The 4th time crashed my tank.. killed half my corals and caused a massive algae bloom. If you're talking about the bottled stuff.... nope :)

Mark426
07/01/2008, 11:02 AM
I use Walmart Distilled water thats in the jug, NEVER from those machines. In the 2.5 years I have had my nano...no problems...no algae.

Mark

p.s. DISTILLED not DI

rustrocker
07/01/2008, 05:03 PM
machines=tap+carbon

cullens089
07/01/2008, 05:26 PM
ive used distilled water from walmart and meijers lol just make sure you get the stuff in the jug and not from the machine