PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 6101 won't spin

dazed
07/01/2008, 11:04 AM
I have 2 6101's on the 7095 controller and last night i noticed that one of them had stopped working. I removed it from the tank and gave it a vinegar bath & cleaning but it will not restart & spin. I took it off the controller and plugged it in and the prop just twitches but will not spin what can i do?? Pump is 6 months old.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd15/dazedbyday/IMG_3025Medium.jpg

wartskin
07/01/2008, 11:18 AM
Please send it back to us to examine and replace if need be. Our address is

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin Tx 78753

There is only about a one day turn around to have the pump sent back, please include a note with your return address.

dazed
07/01/2008, 11:31 AM
What do i need to send in? everything in the picture? do i need to send the power supply & cables as well??

wartskin
07/01/2008, 12:34 PM
Send everything on the paper towel, that will be all we need.

dazed
07/01/2008, 02:17 PM
Rodney; thanks for the replies. I will send out the pump to you guys via ups tomorrow.

dazed
07/02/2008, 05:04 PM
Ok just a quick note: I placed all the stuff in a box and sent it your guys way via ups today. I included a print of this thread as well as my contact information.

dazed
07/09/2008, 10:29 AM
I know that you guys are probably pretty busy; but thought i would check and see if i could get an update on the status of my pump. You guys only received it 2 days ago. When it does get shipped back do you include a note as to what the problem is/was?

wartskin
07/09/2008, 12:46 PM
Roger sent it back to you yesterday. We do not generally include a note, but the motor block was defective and was replaced.

dazed
07/09/2008, 01:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12911610#post12911610 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wartskin
Roger sent it back to you yesterday. We do not generally include a note, but the motor block was defective and was replaced.

:thumbsup: Rodney;
Thank you for the update and explanation as to what happened to the pump.

and as always thank you to you guys for such a quick turn around time.:beer:

dazed
07/15/2008, 11:23 AM
Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU!! I received my 6101 yesterday. Thanks for the quick turn-around time.

Quick question though my other (6101) has started to make allot of humming noise while ramping up & down; I removed it from the tank and gave it a good cleaning & vinegar bath but it is still louder than before is there anything i can check for??

dazed
07/17/2008, 12:19 PM
^^BUMP^^

wartskin
07/17/2008, 12:44 PM
If you have cleaned it and done everything you can, go ahead and send it back to us and we will take a look at that one and replace it if need be.

dazed
08/12/2008, 09:10 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12967352#post12967352 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wartskin
If you have cleaned it and done everything you can, go ahead and send it back to us and we will take a look at that one and replace it if need be.

Well it appears that my other 6101 has stopped working now as well. When plugged in it tries to spin but just kind of stutters it is acting just like the other one did when the motor block failed.

So i need to send it in now as well.

I also have a Tunze 9010 that has started to chatter from the pump as well i was just reading a couple of other threads about the skimmer and it seems that there are 2 different types of pumps? One that was shipped early with this skimmer and is defective? How can i tell which one i have?

Here is a picture of the impeller:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd15/dazedbyday/IMG_3280Medium.jpg

and here is a picture of the skimmer & parts:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd15/dazedbyday/IMG_3278Medium.jpg

dazed
08/12/2008, 04:15 PM
Roger; do we need authorization to send in pumps for warranty work? or do we just send them to you with a note describing the problem?

dazed
08/14/2008, 11:31 AM
Well i went ahead and sent in the pump for you guys to take a look at; any advice on the skimmer pump or impeller?

rvitko
08/18/2008, 04:45 PM
Sorry for the delay, if I don't respond to a thread it isn't on my subscriptions and I miss notifications. Typically a chatter has too possible causes the brakes are loose or worn or the voltage is too low. If the brakes work properly they must both be present, they should come out and stop when the blades are turned in one direction with the magnet held steady and then retract when twisted the other way. If you twist past the stop point they will come out all the way and the shaft will come off. It is possible for the brakes to be worn and fall out easily, be missing or for the cogs they engage on on the magnet to be worn to the point that the impeller and shaft can turn without being engaged on the magnet.

In a low voltage situation (below about 112V) the pump will struggle to start, the impeller blades are now 1.7mm smaller to drop this start voltage to about 108V. I see you have the older full size impeller which I personally prefer, you get better performance. If you have low power in your area or brown outs or your house is just maxed out from AC running all the time in a heat wave, you may need the smaller impeller.

The defective motors were from early 2007 they form a bulge in the center rotor room, usually the impeller gets locked in or has a lot of friction when being removed.

I apologize for the 6101, the earlier motors had some electrical problems and could short out because the board overheated inside and cracked. They cool and work but stop as soon as they heat up again.

dazed
08/19/2008, 12:37 PM
Roger no need for apologies i can only imagine how busy you must be at times. As for the impeller i removed it last night and i think one of the brakes was sticking a bit i went ahead and cleaned/soaked it and now when i turn the blades both of them pop out so i think that was the issue.

On the 6101's you mentioned that the "early motors" had some electrical problems; you have replaced one of mine already and should have the other one as well; i was starting to think that maybe it had something to do with the settings that i have on the 7095 but i guess not.

Thank you for the information on the skimmer and for the great customer support that i have received when needed.

dazed
08/20/2008, 02:19 PM
Roger; Is there any way for you to check and see if you received my other 6101 yet for repair?
Apparently my wife has misplaced the tracking #. So i just wanted to check and see if it made it to you.

I am pretty sure i included my RC username in the box.

dazed
08/25/2008, 02:25 PM
Roger/Rodney; Just wanted to say Thank You!!! I got my 6101 back today in the mail, My naso would also like to say thanks as well because he is so happy to have both of his treadmills running.