PDA

View Full Version : ich treatment?

minhvu
07/02/2008, 11:56 PM
I'm posting this thread asking if anyone has any feedback on a ich treatment from nosickfish.com. I'm currently battling ich on my powder blue tang and it's just fustrating. I was browsing the net and stumble on this web page. It sounds too good to be true plus cost $55 a bottle. I don't mine spending this money if it does work. If anyone tried this treatment, please let me know! If anyone has any other treatment for ich in a reef tank, please let me know. Thanks

LargeAngels
07/03/2008, 06:31 AM
Not a single "Reef Safe" ich treatment has been proven to work. Hypo and copper are the only proven methods. Don't waste your money. Better off spending that money on a seperate tank to treat the fish. Some fish do develop immunity over time. That is why many people claim this or that Reef Safe product works.

billsreef
07/04/2008, 03:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12870978#post12870978 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by minhvu
It sounds too good to be true...

That should tell you all you need to know ;) I've tried it, it doesn't work. I personally know quite few people that fell to the lure of the marketing, they all regretted it later as it simply didn't even come close to working.

billsreef
07/04/2008, 03:46 PM
BTW if you want something that will actually work you will need to bite the bullet and remove the fish into a QT and treat with either copper or hyposalinity.

REEF-n-Chicago
07/04/2008, 04:29 PM
I know with hyposalinity you lower the salinity slowly but I am curious how low you can go?

billsreef
07/05/2008, 06:46 AM
Hypo needs to be maintained at 1.009 to 1.010. Any lower is not good for the fish, any higher let's the ich survive. With such a fine line, you need to be testing with a calibrated refractometer, conductivity meter or lab grade hydrometer. The cheap swing arm hydro's are not accurate enough, neither are those little cheap hydrometers.